Monday, March 23, 2009

DZA's got a new toy!

So, I pretty much quit playing on turntables a while back because I got tired of pitch chasing mixes on janky & broken turntables. I had been using my laptop keyboard since August, but I was recently sold on picking up a Korg NanoKontrol when I saw Jesse Merlin rocking it at High Stakes a few weeks ago. For $60, this little controller does everything that I need within Traktor, from adjusting pitch to going crazy on the effects.

Setup was a breeze. I put together a complete scene of parameters, from scratch, in ten minutes.


My only gripe with the unit is that the lights don't stay on when in toggle mode, so I have to refer back to my laptop monitor before pressing buttons, but I'm sure there's some kind of patch out there that fixes this that I haven't found.

I'll post up my midi settings here for you guys later :)


No comments: